Thank you for your interest in typing files for Quicktate and iDictate!
Who we are
Quicktate transcribes voicemail messages, memos, letters, legal files, medical files, recordings of phone calls, conference calls and other audio files.
Some audio files, like voicemail messages, may average just 2-3 minutes in length, while other recordings may be longer.
IDictate transcribes all types of files, except for voicemail messages.
What we require of our contractors
1. Accurate spelling and punctuation.
2. Individuals that know how to follow instructions.
3. Typists that can listen to voice files and accurately type what they hear.
4. Experienced and professional transcriptionists.
5. Typists with their own equipment, supplies, facilities (office/ work space).
6. Honesty, integrity and reliability.
7. No convictions of a felony or misdemeanor on your record. (Do not proceed if you have any conviction on your record.)
8. Take a typing quiz for each language or specialty you are interested in (examples: English, Spanish, Medical, etc.).
9. Take a test to ensure you understand Quicktate's requirements.
10. Depending on how you scored on your Quicktate typing test, you may qualify to be tested to also offer your services to iDictate.
As an Independent Contractor, you can select your own hours that you want to work. You can work as few or as many hours as you want. We are open for business 24 hours/ day; 7 days/ week.
How to get started to determine if you qualify to receive typing and/or analyst assignments
The following must be done in order.
1. Review, follow and agree to all procedures and requirements outlined in our Help Desk.
2. Review, follow and agree to all procedures and requirements outlined in the HIPAA Business Associate Agreement (below).
3. Fill out the form telling us a little bit about yourself. This will create a typist account in our system, which will be activated if your references check out, you pass your tests and quizzes, and we decide to offer you typing assignments. Make sure you write down and save your typist account username and password during signup.
4. When you create your typist account, you are agreeing to abide by our strict confidentiality requirements and code of ethics (outlined below). You will also be providing us with references. You should use NON-family members as your references.
5. Carefully review all postings to our Help Desk. Postings are periodically updated. This should provide you with answers to your questions.
6. Take our Quiz so we can determine if we can offer you assignments (see our Help Desk for details https://quicktate.zendesk.com/ ). Answer each question and fill out the form completely.
7. Background Checks:
After you pass the Quiz and the typing test, we will run a background check on you. You agree to pay the cost of the background check. This may be paid using PayPal or credit card.
When you click "I Agree" on our Sign up form, you are also agreeing to the following:
- I acknowledge that I am offering my services as an independent contractor to iDictate and/or Quicktate ("Company").
- I acknowledge that I decide when, how much, or how little I work, and that I set my own hours.
- I acknowledge that I unilaterally decide where to do my typing, whether that is in my office, my home, or anywhere else.
- I have invested capital to purchase or rent my office or home office, office facilities, equipment and supplies.
- I hire and direct and have the right to hire and direct my own assistants and staff, and I am responsible for paying them. Anyone working for me is not an agent or representative of Company. Further, I am responsible for supervising my assistants.
- I am personally responsible for maintaining my own office, computer(s) and other equipment such as, but not limited to speakers, headsets, software, hardware, monitors, foot pedals etc.
- I am responsible for my own continuing and recurring liabilities or obligations for my work facilities (rent, mortgage payment, utilities, computer repairs, etc.)
- My ability to make a profit, or risk of suffering a loss is determined by my income and my expenses. I understand that if the customer speaks slowly, necessitating that I spend extra time transcribing, I run the risk of losing money especially if I am paying my assistant(s) by the hour.
- I agree to deliver the transcription to Company at the pricing agreed to in advance.
- I understand that I have the right to provide my transcription services to other companies or clients at any time.
- I acknowledge that I offer my transcription service to the general public and have the necessary business license for my transcription business.
- I agree that if and when I accept any assignment from Company, I am responsible and obligated to complete it. Further, I have the skills to accept and complete assignments and do not need to be trained.
- Once I accept and complete an assignment, I understand and agree that I do not have the right to be offered, or the obligation to accept future assignments. If company would like to offer me an additional assignment, this may be done via Chat.
- If and when I am offered an assignment, I am free to accept or reject it. If I accept it, I acknowledge that Company cannot tell me how to do the work. Customers, however may provide their own instructions such as to formatting.
- Each file that I am offered is considered one assignment.
- I acknowledge that company cannot control or direct the order or sequence that I do my work.
Article is closed for comments.