We are excited to announce the launch of the “new” iDictate. The procedures to accept assignments on the new platform are different than the “old” iDictate.
To log in and retrieve a file:
1 . Log in at https://typists.quicktate.com/ (from here you can type both iDictate and Quicktate files)
2. Your Welcome Screen will look like something this:
3. Contact an assignor via chat with admin on your typist screen to request a file. They will then assign you a file.
4. If there are one or more iDictate files being offered to you, you will see:
You have (3) iDictate job assignment(s) Click here to begin
5. A message will pop up with the expected TAT along with instructions on what to do if you don’t believe you are able to complete the file in a timely manner.
6. Click Ok.
7. To download the audio, click Download (to the right of “File to be Transcribed”).
File to be Transcribed:
8. Then, select the Template name from the drop down box.
Default Template is a blank Word document.
If the customer requested that we use a customized template, you will be able to select it from the drop-down list.
In all cases you will select either the Default template or the customized template.
Template Name: __________
Download Template: __________
9. Click on the name of the template you selected. It will download the specially formatted Word document to your desktop.
You need to type into this Template (word document) that you just downloaded. Do not change the file name, as you will not be able to upload the completed file to the customer or to proofs. Downloading a template from this page is essential.
10. Stay logged into your account while you type.
11. If you are logged out of your account while typing, Log back into your account and click Transcribe and the job you are working on will be there.
12. You will see:
No. of Words:
13. Upload your finished transcript and enter the number of words.
14. If you need help from a proofer, even if you upload your own files, click Send Completed Document to Proofer:
Then type your message to the proofer in the text box.
15. Click “browse” under “Upload Transcript”, locate the completed document on your computer, enter the word count and hit “Submit Transcript”.
Your file will then be sent to a proofer for help, or to the customer, depending on your account privileges. Make sure iDictate has the completed file before you delete the transcript from your computer (approximately 1 week).