When typing a Quicktate file, please note:
1. If you are not sure what's being said, try to spell it phonetically. In other words, if you cannot spell a word correctly, spell it like it sounds.
2. If you are unsure of a particular word, or street name, it's okay to take a few seconds and Google it... But don't let your clock time out.
3. If you absolutely positively have no clue what was said, then it is okay to type ****.
4. If the caller spells a word for you, NEVER NEVER NEVER type that word using hypens or spaces.
Example of CORRECT format: firstname.lastname@example.org
Example of WRONG format: b-o-b-j-o-n-e-s
Example of WRONG format: B O B J O N E S
5. Proper punctuation is critical. Avoid run-on sentences. Do not type entire voice mail messages as a single sentence! Use punctuation.
6. If you believe there is audio on the audio file, but cannot hear it, click SKIP so someone else can type it. Once you skip a file, that file will not be reassigned to you.
7. Click SUBMIT only when the file is finished, or you are sure there is no file.